*US citizens and Green Card holders only
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Location: Suitland, MD
Softworld is seeking a senior level Web Developer to support the U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. The Application Developer will be a key member of a team that assists in the requirements analysis, software design, development, debugging, and implementation and enhancement of new and existing web applications utilizing PL/SQL and Web applications front-end programming languages.
· Lead the analysis, data modeling, technical and functional design of the software project through the SDLC utilizing waterfall and agile methodology.
· Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement interactive web applications and batch software.
· Write test cases and perform functional and integration testing during various phases of the product life cycle.
· Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
· Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
· Resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
· Interact with subject matter experts and business analysts to resolve any issue related to requirement or user end testing.
· Interact with independent testers to resolve any issue or defect during independent test and verification.
· 6+ years of web application development and deployment experience.
· Extensive PL/SQL experience
· Experience writing procedures, functions, etc.
· Extensive back-end Oracle Database experience.
· Strong experience developing web Application utilizing PL/SQL, AJAX, JQuery, CSS and HTML.
· Experience in creating, modifying stored procedures and programming using SQL/PL-SQL.
· Experience in innovative, Java-centric, scalable enterprise custom application design, development, integration, and delivery.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of an integrated team.
· Highly analytical, possessing critical and creative thinking skills.
· Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers.
• The following minimum years of experience are required:
o 6+ years Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL programming experience
o 6+ years Java front end application development
o 6+ years Web Application development and deployment
o 6+ years API and Batch application
o 2+ years Oracle APEX experience