Tier 3 System Admin
Tier 3 System Administrator
Tier 3 System Administrator is required for a 6-month contract to hire position in Washington, D.C.
- Manage and maintain mixed server environment (Windows/Linux), ensuring 99.9% or better uptime.
- Evaluate, monitor and enhance IT infrastructure with an emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, security, data confidentiality and system integrity.
- Reengineer systems setup, establishing automated server generation routines, optimizing system performance, installing upgrades/patches, establishing system monitoring and maintaining security protocols.
- Ensure that all server hardware, operating systems, software and procedures aligned with organizational standards.
- Increase team productivity and automated repetitive tasks by using batch files, PowerShell, VBScript
- Act as escalation point for troubleshooting advanced network/systems issues; consistently provide issue-resolution scores by providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- BS or equivalent with 2 years of related experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with FileNet
- Experience with IBM AIX
Duration: 6-Month Contract to Hire
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.