Montgomery , AL
- File storage and backup services
- VMware suites and virtual services
- Perform server maintenance and patching to include server OS updates and security patches to include, but not limited to, NIPRNet/SIRPNet CAT vulnerabilities and complete TCNOs by established deadlines.
- Maintain server Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance and any other required information assurance tasks.
- Perform server support maintenance and configuration of each server identified in development, integration and regression as needed.
- Troubleshoot server and network issues impacting development, integration, and regression.
- Configure hardware for optimal performance.
- Implement group access via sudoer administration for each server identified in the development, integration and regression environment in support of development and sustainment tasks.
- Participate in design and implementation activities with emphasis on supportability, maintainability, scalability, performance and overall quality.
- Provide configuration management for each server identified in the development, integration and regression environment in support of development and sustainment tasks.
- Identify issues/problems with server implementation and recommend specific solutions
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Technical experience with Unix (Solaris 10 & 11) and Linux Operating systems
- Technical experience working in a VMware virtualization environment
- Experience with enterprise backup and recovery procedures, SAN environments, system performance monitoring tools, and solid understanding of networking technologies (routers, switches, VLANs, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to understand new technologies and obtain new skills
- Ability to work within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Understanding of DoD systems, policies and processes is preferred
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of System Administration experience, or 5-7 years of experience in lieu of a BS degree
- Security+ Certification
- Secret Security Clearance