Software Test Engineer
Software Developer in Test
Softworld, Inc. client is looking for a Software Developer in Test that will help lead Develop/Test Architect in Microsoft .Net, Angular technology with focus on testability of code, building test infrastructure, evangelizing test automation principles/practices across teams to drive the increase in code quality and test coverage. • Responsible for design reviews, and code reviews with focus on quality of code structure, testability and contributing in mitigation efforts to eliminate or reduce quality risk
• Responsible and accountable for code refactoring (existing code) to ensure testability of legacy application code in .Net as well as general test infrastructure.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of product test infrastructure and frameworks in support of Unit Level tests at code structure, API, Services, Integration Tests, Functional Tests, and End to End Business Process tests
• Active participants in designing and creating the codebase of test features of the application side by side with others who write the application feature code.
• Responsible for driving adoption of test automation practices across Office Companion Product teams distributed across multiple geographies
• Act as testability consultant recommending program structure and coding style that lends itself to better unit testing and in writing frameworks that enable developers to test for themselves
• Contribute to the quality of Office Companion Product Offering by actively participating in the entire life cycle of product development, testing, deployment and launch
• Partner with WK GPO and other teams within WK appropriately to participate in strategies to design, develop and enhance the existing frameworks, tools to support comprehensive automated testing
• Help ensure the consistency, completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements
• Develop detailed acceptance requirements for use cases (user stories)
• Understand the system design to contribute to the development of the project and ensure the quality of the result
• Design, develop, organize, and maintain non-functional test cases such as performance, load, security and scalability test cases
• Identify potential risks and seek testing approaches to manage that risk
• Develop, implement and maintain automated test scripts for unit tests, API/Services, Integration, functional, regression, performance, load, end to end business process tests
• Analyze defects with the goal of being isolated and reproducible, and clearly document issues and bugs
• Work closely with developers in debugging and fixing defects, retesting and resolving open issues
• Collaborate with developers and architects to understand underlying architecture and code to develop test strategies across different layers of the application
• Understand test automation needs, task out work, and provide feedback on design solutions
• Participate in or lead the scrum team to help ensure comprehensive coverage using automated testing, as well as manual where appropriate
• Effectively communicate with project leaders and Engineering Management regarding the scope and limits of testing and analysis efforts
• Communicate and report out the testing efforts and technical aspects of projects
• A minimum of seven years of experience in software development, testing and/or automation with at least two or more years in a SDET role or Senior Developer role • Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent industry experience • Strong development skills and knowledge in Microsoft .NET platform and Angular • Experience in code reviews, unit testing and code refactoring • Experience using NUnit or similar frameworks for unit testing • Expertise in creating Integration tests using mocks/fakes/stubs, as well as configuring environments for testing using virtual machines • Experience with UI test automation using Jasmine, Protractor • Experience working in Agile development environment with strong knowledge in agile development and testing practices; • Expertise and solid knowledge in defining testing approaches, methodologies and strategies for complex enterprise software systems • Expertise in developing and driving Test Automation Strategies • Proven problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, and the capacity to think creatively under pressure • Exposure to DevOps practices and tools is a plus • Experience with Outlook Add-in automation preferred • Exposure to Test Data Management, Test Environment Planning preferred • Experience working with geographically distributed project teams preferred.
Top 3 Required Skills?
Outlook Ad-In Automation experience
Exposure to DevOps practices and tools is a plus
QUALIFYING Pre-Screening QUESTIONS:
1. Tell me about your SWD in Test experience?
2. Tell me about your integration test experience?
3. Tell me about test automation knowledge overall?