Software Engineer Level 2
- The Software Engineer Level 2 plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities including designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. This professional has a history of applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle while also applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. The Software Engineer Level 2 is responsible for correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- 2+ years of experience in a software testing role.
- BS degree in engineering, applied mathematics, physics, robotic systems, artificial intelligence, or closely related technical field and 5 years of professional level career experience.
- Experience developing software for simulators and test beds.
- Experience integrating and testing software in complex systems.
- Experience collaborating with a team using Continuous Integration practices and a distributed version control system.
- Experience developing software unit tests and using unit test frameworks.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- A Demonstrated history of maintaining technological knowledge as new solutions emerge.
Duration: 12-18+ Months PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.