SSIS Developer/ SQL Report Writer
South Jordan, UT
The Communications SQL Report Writer/SSIS Developer is a unique opportunity for a creative-minded problem-solver who can build new processes, tools, automation, and reporting. This position will work with the newly formed Communications Development & Fulfillment team to forge new paths and craft a new foundation for communications solutions.
This position must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and have solid SQL database experience. Looking for someone with experience importing data files, encryption/decryption, data protection, creating ETL processes and data integration tools. Support implementation for process automation, reporting and training (as needed).
Must pay keen attention to detail, have a strong customer-service orientation and the ability to work as part of a diverse communications team that will support growing marketing and fulfillment initiatives.
• Understand, monitor and maintain communications SQL database
• Proficiency with SQL code, including stored procedures, triggers, functions and database scripts
• Develop database objects and structure for data storage, retrieval and reporting
• Create tools to help end-user utilize database for tracking purposes and data exporting
• Ability to integrate various technologies into complete solutions
• Provide support to users to ensure the database is satisfying communications needs
• Ensure database integrity, security, stability and availability
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Design SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files, ftp, or other means to SQL DB
• Experience with ETL processes
• Practical experience with forms design using MS Visual Studio, Microsoft Access, C#, Visual Basic, Java Script or other tools used in web based forms design is a BIG plus
• Experience working in communications, marketing or print industry with knowledge of HIPAA is also a BIG plus
• Experience with marketing data, analytics and reporting is a very BIG plus
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in MS SQL
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on projects
• Proficiency building logical conditions to script actions and producing SQL queries
• Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft ETL/data integration tools (SSIS)
• Associates degree, BA/BS degree or certification is a big plus
• A creative mind, willing to try new things, take risks and provide functional solutions to ongoing problems