Remote Scala Engineer
Job Description: Softworld's client is seeking a Scala Engineer will provide direct support with day-to-day development responsibilities, and should be able to help accelerate the technologies used at the client site and provide valuable insight from the position. We are looking for sharp, passionate, and hardworking individuals who not only want to make an impact, but also grow their technical and leadership skills.
*This Is A Hand On Technical Role*
- Development in a fast-paced, heterogeneous environment utilizing Scala, Akka, Play, and AWS
- Work to drive Domain Driven designs using Event Sourcing and CQRS with Architectural separation of concerns through the platform being front and center
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members to understand SDLC best practices and clean code implementation on Scala
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of scalable big-data back-end services, developing systems based on a distributed architecture.
- Extending web sockets architecture to new Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Architecting BPM, CMMN (Case Management) and supporting systems
- Adding additional components to core modules including BPM modeler and engine, Form, Mobile, and Reporting Builders, and Entitlements
- Extending Business Rules module using DMN
- Enhancing Kafka messaging pipelines
- Building BI backend tools for maps, charts and graphs
- Utilizing backend test tools for unit testing • Assisting in DevOps (availability, scalability, and security
- 4+ years of experience with Akka, Scala, SBT, Experience with Scala/Akka and Play Framework.
- Expertise with API Design and Implementation and RESTful web service design
- AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, Athena, EMR resource provisioning and management)
- Relational Databases experience and SQL Queries (MySQL, PostgreSQL/RedShift, Aurora) as well as work with NoSQL datastores such as DynamoDB and Cassandra
- TDD, Unit and Integration testing
- Git and GitHub, Linux command line tools
- Hands on experience with Redis, Cassandra, Bash, Rand, RDBMS, Jenkins
- Experience developing unit tests, and with Agile methodology