Radio Field Engineering Technician
Title: Radio Field Engineering Technician
Locations: Texas, Virginia, Nevada, New York, Washington
Duration: 24 months +
Client who is supporting a national P25 system upgrade project is looking for Field Engineering Technicians to support multiple states and regions across the country. I deal candidates will have a LMR and P25 radio network background. Candidates must be open to travelling up to 80-100% of the time nationally. Expenses will be paid for in the field travel to customer sites. All travel will be domestic.
- Technicians will be supporting network infrastructure and troubleshooting network connectivity, upgrades, and onsite equipment installs.
- Candidate will report and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of the system components, maintenance, and needed modifications
- Performinstallation, setup, end-to-end system alignment, running RF calculations, digital voltage diagnosis, and testing with fault diagnosis during implementation and on operational Land Mobile Radio (LMR) radio P25, with the aid of PC-based programs, schematics, service manuals and drawings.
- Programming and installation of mobile radios, antennas and accessories, perform unit swap and associated tests in a variety of vehicles.
- Mounting, cabling, initial set-up and testing of site equipment, fault isolation and replacement at the unit level.
- Ensure that safety practices are being followed at all times, maintain and preserve company owned equipment and ensure it is kept in good repair at all times.
- Work in a team environment and be able to interface with the customers/clients.
- Complete test records, fault reports, and all other project and equipment related documentation and forward to installation supervisor.
- Provide customer support and technical assistance to program managers, customers and co-workers requiring telephone or on-site support.
- Radio communication systems background.
- This includesP25 voice radios, and site-to-site connectivity through fiber optic networks, Ethernet and microwave systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access) as well as touch typing.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's license (or APCO or NABER equivalent).