Principal Software Project Engineer
Wilmington , MA 01887 US
- Coordinate the development of CDRLs in accordance with DFARS requirements using DIDs format.
- Capture and document the software design in a clear and concise manner in UML using system model-based tools such as Magic Draw.
- Prepare presentations to the customer on the software design and architecture for embedded systems.
- Work with the software engineering team to ensure that the software meets the requirements of the system.
- Stay up to date on the latest software technologies and trends, especially those related to embedded systems.
- 10+ years of experience in software design and architecture
- Experience with developing software DIDs for DOD programs. Proficiency with software and system modeling language such as UML
- Experience with developing requirements and implementing safety-critical software.
- Experience with military standards and regulations such as MIL-STD-498 and AOP-52B
- Proficiency with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review tools.
- Programming experience in C, C++, and Python.
- Experience with tools for embedded systems
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, Memory) and hardware subsystems
- Strong understanding of schematics and data sheets of underlying hardware.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum design process preferred.