Palo Alto Security Consultant
Remote, TX Remote US
Candidate will be working collaboratively as part of team that is preforming activities with Network/Micro/Application Segmentation on the Palo Alto firewall. They will need to understand the interaction of data flows between devices and be able to parse traffic at the port level. This will be a remote role, but flexibility of hours will be necessary.
· Expert knowledge of network fundamentals including network protocols, server and desktop environments, network hardware and software, and network management tools
· Understanding of Network/Micro Application Segmentation based on Secure Data Flows
· Solid understanding of necessary Data Flows between User and Applications, and Application to Application
· Be able to write a policy to allow/deny traffic data flows based on communicated criteria.
· Needs to be able to parse Firewall log files and adapt/or Create Rules based on validated data flows.
· Understanding of Security Access Rules, ACLs source and destination, rules policies
· Understanding of Protocol communication control and response, active and passive ports, and how they apply for application and data communication for rules creation.
· IP Address Subnetting/Management experience.
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data for analysis using Excel and formulation – vLookup, If statements, Average, Search, Pivot Tables, Sort, Filters.
· Nice to have – Basic Scripting skills using Python, PowerShell, Ansible
Preferred Experience and Attributes
- At least 5+ years of strong operational network experience with Firewalls, primary is Palo Alto. Illumio experience a plus
- 10+ Years Industry Experience working with cross functional teams
· Strong Networking Skill CCNA certification or higher
- Able to pass background check(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Total of 15 years' experience in the Information Technology industry, with a minimum of 5 years as a security consultant working with Palo Alto.
- Worksite location - fully remote supporting and EST time zone