IT Support Specialist
- Monitors and manages systems consoles for the following: problems, systems availability, production scheduling and control, reports distribution, service level support, administration and controls, equipment operation, backup recovery, procedural documentation and execution of the disaster recovery plan.
- 75% of the job will require working inside a live production data center
- Full understanding of installing, troubleshooting, configuring, and repairing Windows client/server Recommend hardware and software solutions to the customer and the business unit
- Able to diagnose problems and fully support (install, troubleshoot, configure and repair) a variety of internal and third party applications for client workstations and servers in both the desktop and lab environments
- Assist in testing applications, serve Implement and install wide-scale data communication networks (wired and wireless) for internal company needs
- Understanding of protocols (TCP/IP and subnetting), VPN, and basic commands from the command prompt (ipconfig, tracert, etc.)
- Implement and install Voice/Telecom systems, voice messaging system and deploy new phone and voice mail extensions
- Possess a full understanding of and use commands to configure, move, add, and change telephone extensions within the same building Independently troubleshoot, trace, and repair connectivity problems from the jack to the Patch/PBX panels in both LAN/WAN and Telecom environments
- Communicate technical information to both technical and nontechnical employees
- Provide outstanding customer service and world class support in a large, fast paced, high pressure, corporate environment.
- May be asked to conduct training to other technicians or non-technical employees
- Assists in identifying and documenting process/procedure changes and/or entering technical solutions in the internal knowledge base In offices outside the US, responsibilities may include: Manage local IT EMC Equipment in ITAM (Asset Management) and the global AM database, Consult with GREF or Real Estate in preparation of cabling and design of Facility Projects
- Responsible for physical and/or remote support of local and/or global data centers
- Supports data center infrastructure by installing, maintaining and repairing hardware in order to accommodate Data Center growth
- Act as first level support to data center owned hardware
- Performs data gathering and analysis and provides basic summary reporting in support of information technology projects
- Assists more senior analysts and IT management in evaluating implemented solutions and practices for continuous improvements
- Performs a variety of tasks in support of the data centers such as managing infrastructure upgrade requirements for data center expansions and must be able to work in a goal setting environment
- May coordinate and perform the installation of servers and storage equipment within the Data Center
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations.
- Provides operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and software within data centers and related facilities. Identifies, isolates and resolves problems.
- Works in conjunction with the technical support staff to implement immediate resolutions to more critical problems.