ISSM Job Description
- Seeking an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to support all aspects of acquisition, systems engineering reviews, DT/OT, and milestone entrance/exit criteria integrated throughout the life cycle of the program.
- This is a full-time position supporting the Command, Control, Communication, Intelligence and Networks (C3I&N) Directorate under the ETASS program at Hanscom AFB.
- Ensure compliance with cybersecurity requirements in accordance with DoD and DoD Component cybersecurity and information assurance policies and guidance.
- Support the PM in development of a POA&M and budget that addresses the implementation of cybersecurity requirements throughout the lifecycle of the system.
- Identify a cybersecurity team; the PM can designate the ISSM to chair a Cybersecurity Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) or sub-WIPT, executed under the authority of the Systems Engineering WIPT.
- Support implementation of the RMF.
- Maintain and report systems assessment and authorization status and issues in accordance with DoD component guidance.
- Provide direction to the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in accordance with DoDI 8500.01.
- Coordinate with the organization’ s security manager to ensure issues affecting the organization's overall security are addressed appropriately.
- Continuously monitor the system or information environment for security-relevant events and configuration changes that negatively affect security posture.
- Periodically assesses the quality of security controls implementation against performance indicators.
- 7+ years experience in cyber security or information assurance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field.Must be Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certified.
- Experience with the certification and accreditation process.
- Significant experience in vulnerability scanning and analysis, including the use of automated tools and vulnerability management systems.
- Knowledge of intrusion prevention and network access control tools/systems.
- Understanding of system audit principles and security risk assessment.
- Must have a solid understanding of network infrastructure and mission assurance.
- Familiar with Federal government and DOD standards for IA/security including DIACAP, FISMA, NIST, and OMB.
- Must have solid communications skills and be capable of working with all levels of an organization.Must be a US Citizen.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.