Troy, MI 48007 US
Are you an Electrical Engineer II looking for a dynamic company to join? Due to our steady growth, we have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer who will apply knowledge of engineering principles to assist in the design and development of electrical and electronic projects in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, military, and industrial equipment. The Electrical Engineer will develop wiring architecture, wire harness routing, power distribution, and electrical system needs and requirements. The Electrical Engineer will also develop and execute electrical system functional and validation test requirements. This position is located in Troy, MI.
- Develop wire harness architecture, routing, physical schematics, and power distribution for electrical system requirements and support design engineers in defining and selecting components based on application requirements.
- Oversee prototype and low volume production of electrical harness, control modules, etc. and report out to program teams on status.
- Support business development functions for new program opportunities including proposal generation and costing.
- Validate and approve engineering analysis, drawings, and schematics, including managing logical design data and performing design rule checks.
- Assign and define circuit options, harness in-lines and connector numbers to the system logical schematics.
- Lead electrical system compatibility reviews and sign-off electrical design work.
- Identify and mitigate major electrical system failure modes and effects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in commercial and/or military vehicle electrical systems, electrical controls, electronic architecture development and schematic design.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching others in a leadership position.
- U.S. Citizen
- Experience conducting presentations, program, management, and customer reviews
- Knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN) bus protocol
- Knowledge of ethernet based electrical control systems.
- Knowledge of wire harness design tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others to deliver quality products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics and Zuken electrical design software.
- 3 years’ experience in an electrical leadership position with responsibility for team and product to deliver.
- Experience conducting vehicle architecture power studies.
- Experience with ethernet based power control systems.
- Experience on end-to-end design and development vehicle programs
- Experience in Teamcenter environment