Electrical Design Engineer-Optics
Sterling Heights, MI 48310 US
12+ month contract
About the Role:
This role is responsible for designing and building of Electrical components/LRUs/ subsystems for our platform of military vehicles.
Hybrid/Onsite: Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 100%.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience. Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Ability to use Engineering Development and Test Tools.
-Extensive technical knowledge and full knowledge of other disciplines
- Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work without appreciable direction
-Ability to interact with senior external personnel on tech matters
-Aware of and directs activities towards completion of major program goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel to supplier and government sites
Knowledge in many, but not all, of the following areas desired
- IPC and MIL standards
- Digital and Analog circuit design
-Gyroscopes, Encoders, and Cameras
-Development of component/subsystem requirements
-Model-based Motion Control
-Model-based Motion Control Loops
-PWM and PID
-Test Equipment (Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, DACs)
- Power, thermal analysis, timing, biasing, voltage and current control, LED control, data packet deciphering, etc.
- Schematic development, component selection, circuit simulation, and PCB layout
- Engineering design, development, and analysis software
-Desired: MATLAB, MATHCAD, Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture, CAMView or CAM350
- Microprocessor based products including processors, chipsets, memory and bus interfaces, networking standards (PCI-xpress, DDR2, DDR3, USB, SATA, DVI, etc...)
- Microcontrollers including IDEs, configuration, coding, and programming.
- Desired: NXP family of microcontrollers
- Industry interface standards and form factors (VITA42/46, COM Express, ETX, etc
- Serial Interconnects, USB, CAN, RS422/485, etc.)
-Graphics/video interfaces (SDI, DVI, HDMI, RS-170, etc.)
- EMI/EMC design practices and standards.
- C, C#, VisualStudio Suite
- Optical hardware and testing
Additional Information/Desired Experience:
- - IPC and MIL standards