ETL Data Engineer
ETL Data Engineer
Phoenix, AZ – onsite required
2-month-contract-to-full-time (or direct-hire depending on candidate preference).
ETL Data Engineers to work with traditional ETL tools DataStage or Informatica while integrating new cloud and data streaming big data technologies. Softworld Fortune 100 client will be using Python and AWS cloud-based data streaming technologies in addition to DataStage and Informatica ETL tools. ETL Data Engineers will support new development projects through all phases of the SDLC and respond to outages and create application system models. ETL Data Engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code).
- 4+ years of experience in Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, and/or Data Warehousing.
- Strong ETL development experience (DataStage preferred; Informatica or Talend considered)
- Solid experience developing, deploying and supporting high-quality, fault-tolerant data pipelines.
- Proficient with Shell or Python scripting.
- Strong SQL experience.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
Desired Skills (NOT Required):
- Experience with Java, Python, Scala, or C++
- Experience with cloud-based data offerings (Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Fortune 100 client wants to move to Hadoop ecosystem so experience with data movement and integration with Hadoop would be a plus.
- Client wants to move to NoSQL so any experience with distributed NoSQL databases and event brokers would be a plus (Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Graph databases, Document Store databases)
- Experience leveraging data streaming technologies/platforms would be a plus: Kafka, Spark, Nifi, etc.
Info to keep in mind:
· USC or GCH visa status required/ no sponsorship provided by Fortune 100 client at this time.
· Fortune 100 Client (AZ) Benefits after conversion to full-time: 16% Bonus, 8% 401K match, and Tuition/certification reimbursement, onsite Daycare, onsite Pharmacy and Healthcare services, Personal Concierge Service, onsite Fitness Center, covered parking spaces, onsite food-court/s and Starbucks.
· Hiring 10 new DataStage, Informatica, ETL and AWS Data Developers.
· Also hiring PeopleSoft Developers, and 60-70+ Java Developers for the Phoenix, AZ office specifically.
· Bank client requires 100% onsite Monday-Friday work at Phoenix office location.