Cloud DevOps Engineer
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer is required for a 12-month+ contract role in Pittsburgh, PA.
- The individual will guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy PaaS infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, deployment and more.
- He/she will collaborate with Software Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including content caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, load balancer setup, and more.
- The individual will interface with internal and external customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them.
- He/she will support successful implementation of Application PaaS in the Cloud through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or master’ s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with or familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
- Container technologies such as Docker, or LXC.
- Deployment of continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience maintaining production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services).
Other beneficial experience:
- Installation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies such as OpenStack, RHOSP, or VIO.
- Amazon Web Services
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Cloud automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Terragrunt, or Packer.
- Open source server, messaging, and database software (such as NGINX RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- IT security practices or DevSecOps including encryption, certificates, key management, patch management, STIG, RMF, or security hardening, and auditing.
- Scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
Contract Duration: 12 months+
Clearance: Top Secret
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.