Application Support Developer
- Assist in planning, design and execution of the application support function at the financial services company.
- Track defects and works with business owners and users to triage bugs and manage a backlog.
- Perform a variety of troubleshooting and coding tasks using C#, .NET and SQL.
- Familiar with the concepts of source control, continuious integration and test driven development.
- Ability to learn quickly and come up to speed on existing applications and their architecture.
- Occassionally will need to provide after hours support and escalation via on-call rotation.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and documentation standards.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Manager(s).
- Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
- Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long hours when necessary, works with vigor, effectiveness and determination over a sustained period
- Breaks down problems into component and recognizes the interrelationships; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines reources requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
- Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
- Is committed to developing professionally, attends professional conferences, focuses on best practices, values cutting-edge practices and approaches; takes advantage of a variety of learning activities, introduces newly gained knowledge and skills on the job.
- 4-year degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Information/Business Systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience in Microsoft Technologies: C#, .NET, SQL Server.
- Financial Industry/Banking experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.